A Lill' Girls Tale – Demo 1

Make Forums Show your game A Lill' Girls Tale – Demo 1

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  koonsolo 4 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Aura
    Participant

Hello,

I finally finished the first part of my game. I really like it to this point…
    I worked to a point in the story where I can’t progress any further until there are more options for me to create the next part. There’s still a lot of work to do until it’s finished, but I guess I have to wait for an update of the engine…

Here’s the story:

Lill is an orphan living in an Orphanage in the Forest! One day Mrs Fye, the Mistress of the Orphanage, calls her, to tell her that her Birthday Present was taken by a cat and she has to find it! Lill starts to search the cat – and eventually gets involved into something bigger than just a search for some cat…!

Play here: A Lill’ Girls Tale

Thanks for reading~~

James Nick
    Participant

This looks amazing so far! There’s a little problem on the west forest with the trees, you might wanna fix that. ( I have OCD) I like the design outside but the Orphanage looks a bit empty. :/ I love the maze part! Although I still couldn’t find the fairy on the maze after restarting the game! Argh!

“Now go, I want to stare at the leaves again.”

Aura
    Participant

I’ve got some logging in issues right now… Something’s up with my Flash version or whatever… I can’t type in the “@” symbol when I wanna log in with my email adress… :/
    But I’ll see to it as soon as I am able to run the client again!

Although I still couldn’t find the fairy on the maze after restarting the game! Argh!

Well after you talked to the scarecrow, you’ve got to search for the home of the fairy! There might be a clue… ^^

Thanks for playing anyways 🙂

Aura
    Participant

I can finally log in again!! Yay 😀

Okay, I re-designed the inside of the orphanage and fixed that bug in the woods… ^^

Aura
    Participant

If you want to take a look at what happens next, click in the map menu on ‘level1’… I’m still in developement though!
    But I recommend that you first solve all the riddles of the first part – because else you won’t be able to follow the story properly!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Aura.

koonsolo
    Keymaster

Oh my god, Aura! Just been checking out your game. It’s incredible how much you can get out of my engine. Your levels look gorgeous!

Aura
    Participant

Thanks. And I already planned much more of the story; battles aso. I can’t continue right now, since there would have to be a battle and multiple-actor-battle system! And some more features… But believe me if say it will get much more exciting, regarding the story…!

koonsolo
    Keymaster

Tell me about your ideal battle system! I still need to make one, so you can steer me in a certain direction :).

So please tell me what you have planned for your game. Then I can see if and how I can make that possible.

Aura
    Participant

I thought about a bs like the one in SoM (Secret of Mana)…
    Here’s a passage of Wikipedia about the battle system of SoM:

“Located at the bottom of the screen is a power bar, a gauge that determines the amount of damage done to an enemy when attacking. Swinging a weapon causes the gauge to empty and then quickly recharge, allowing that character to attack at full strength. The party wields eight different types of weaponry: sword, spear, bow, axe, boomerang, glove, whip, and javelin. All weapons can be upgraded eight times, and repeated use of a weapon increases its skill level to a maximum of eight, unlocking a new special attack with each level. […]”
    “The player can choose to control each of the characters at any time; whichever character is currently selected, the other two companions are controlled via artificial intelligence. […]”

I don’t know if this is too difficult though… o.o

koonsolo
    Keymaster

It’s an action based battle system, so that is already great! 🙂

The power bar thing is pretty specific in my eyes, and will definitely remain low priority.

The eight different weapons are really nice. I will need different weapons so my users can choose. I will probably start with the sword (or maybe spear).

I need the AI for the enemies anyway, so adding it to companions won’t be that difficult.

So yes, I can gradually work towards it :). It fits into my overall concept of RPG Playground.

Aura
    Participant

Great. Looking forward to the new update! 🙂

Aura
    Participant

Oh and an item and shop system would be very usefull regarding this update!

Also – when do you plan on implementing the teleport option for event pages…?
    …Just a question, since I would be able to connect the first part of my game to the second. That would be great ^^

koonsolo
    Keymaster

This is my current TODO list:
    – Add scrollbar in levels tab
    – Add scrollbar in dropdown of levels (on portals/doors properties)
    – Add new screenplay action: “hero teleports to level Z at position X, Y”

And the first one is probably finished today 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.