Welcome Forums Bugs Can’t use ground tiles!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Aura

Hey,
    I’ve got the problem that after some time, I couldn’t use the ground tiles of the ‘normal’ (the not REFMAP tiles) anymore! Any other tiles work. And it also works at tiles where I used ground tiles before (I can change those tiles, but cannot create new!). I don’t know, if anyone’s got this problem before…
    Also, the time out error still exists. If you don’t save your game for a while, you’ll get this error, wich is pretty frustrating since your progress is lost forever :(. Just reminding…

Well, that’s pretty much it. I’ll tell you when there are obstacles again!
    ~Aura

Edit: I found out that the tile-bug only remains on the ‘first’-map!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

The ground tiles is the first time I hear this, so I will investigate.

I thought I fixed the save timeout bug, but apparently not. I will look further into this.

Thanks for your feedback Aura, and thanks everyone for your patience with the bugs.

Aura

I know it can be nerve wracking to search for bugs!
    I hope you will find them soon :). Thanks.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Aura,

For the timeout bug when saving, I want to be sure I have pinpointed the correct problem, so can you tell me what exactly it looks like? Possible scenarios that I can see (but please tell me how it fails):

1. When saving, the client just hangs and does nothing anymore.
    2. Same as 1, but it shows the blue “Saving project…” dialog
    3. Same as 1, but it shows an error message containing a “timeout” text.
    4. Something else

Thanks!

Aura

Okay it’s like this:

The “Saving” Screen shows up and remains for I guess half a minute and the timeout error shows up. After trying to save my game again 2 or 3 times, only the “Saving” Screen shows up and the client screen freezes!

(Sadly, I’ve got a new problem now: I can’t load my new project! It’s my entry for “The Legend of the 3 orbs”-Challenge! And now I can’t work on it anymore… -.- I tried to load the file a few times now. The other files can be loaded though!)

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Quick update on loading your “The Legend of the 3 orbs”-Challenge: it was a bug with the loading, so all is still there. I fixed in in my development build, but still need to put the fix online.

I will first see if I can also fix the saving bug, and then release the new version. So definitely today you can expect at least the fix to load your entry

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Alright, new version is on the site.

You can load your “Legend of the 3 orbs” game again.

Save should be better, but I’m not 100% if I completely fixed it. If it goes wrong, I now have a better way to see what exactly is going wrong.

Aura

Timeoutbug again… Nooooooo….
    Is there a way to save my file? I will let the client open… Man it would be sooo frustrating to loose my progress again!!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

What did you see now before the error dialog came?

Normally, it goes in this sequence, so let me know until which point it reached:
    1. You click to save
    2. A “Saving project…” dialog comes up, and now it also shows “(Exporting project files)”
    3. Next the second part should say “(Sending files to server)”
    4. Next it might also also show “(Uploading progress)”

Do you remember until which point it reached?

There is no sure way to say you will be able to save, but I also fixed an issue of the client hanging when the save failed, so hopefully you can try multiple times.

Maybe try this:
    1. Log out first (log out button, the same place where the project can be saved)
    2. Log in again.
    3. Save your project.

I sure hope you don’t lose your progress anymore Aura :(.

Aura

Forget what I said before – I took a further look at it and it’s different from what I said before! Sorry, my bad!

I can’t even load the file screen! It says “Loading Project list” and then an error: “Project list connection error: Timeout expired for fetching the project list” shows up!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

It’s possible that you were logged out because you left the client open for some time.

Can you try again? Probably it will ask you to log in again.

Aura

Yes!! It works! Now I get asked to log in again! 🙂
    My bad that I didn’t describe the problem well enough… Could have saved a lot of time I guess… Sorry.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

No problem Aura. Great to hear that it works now.

Aura

The problem isn’t solved yet! The bug is still there -.-
    And I found a new one:
    After I clicked on my file under the Save files, it said “Saving project… (Sending files to server)” and then “Save failed: Files not uploaded: Upload failed, please check your internet connection”! My connection was stable though!

Edit: And I got this error: “Not logged in: Could not log in, timeout expired”! And I lost a whole lot of work!!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

I also noticed it now. This is a terrible one :(.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.