Finishing up on combat

Make Forums Developer Updates Finishing up on combat

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Aura 2 days, 7 hours ago. This post has been viewed 55 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

koonsolo
    Keymaster

Hey game designers,

I’m working on the new release which will include a fully functional combat system. I currently have the following functionality ready:

1. The hero has health
    2. Enemies attack your hero and possibly kill it
    3. After the kill, there is a GAME OVER screen, and the only option is to restart the game.
    4. An animated health potion pickup (which can be adapted in the future to include any icon you want, such as weapon pickups, scrolls, food, coins, etc)
    5. New GUI elements of a health bar, a weapon slot, and a new dialog (in this case displaying the game over)
    6. Game engine with better performance (running a steady 60 frames per second on my system, also when having the editor open)
    7. Fixed weird door behavior
    8. Made the enemies easier to beat

Before making a new release however, I want to give you the option to disable combat.

Existing games will not have combat enabled by default (so not to break them), and new games will have it enabled by default. So I want to make it configurable before making the new release. I see a lot of you are making story heavy games without combat, so I don’t want to mess things up.

Configuring combat will open up a whole bunch of other configuration options, such as walk speeds, enemy behavior, etc. But I’m still working on that part.

I hope you are as excited as I am for this upcoming release! 🙂

Comprehensible
    Participant

That looks awesome, I’m super excited! 😀 Thank you!

Aura
    Participant

Nice to see you’re making great progress! I’m very excited for the coming updates! 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.