Hero for hire

Make Forums Show your game Hero for hire

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Comprehensible 2 weeks, 6 days ago. This post has been viewed 187 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ponderingpinky
    Participant

Hi everyone! So this is my first game Hero-for-hire where you play the titular snarky hero. Your goal is to defeat the Trolls that are attacking the town you were payed to attack. A lot of things in this haven’t been finished yet, either because it can’t be finished or I just haven’t had the time to finish it yet. Please give me feedback thanks!

The Game

ponderingpinky
    Participant

(I don’t think the URL worked, so here’s take two!) http://rpgplayground.com/the-game/?prj=5a39e5189a7481000404c4ff

ponderingpinky
    Participant

Update! I’ve added two new scenes that I want to use for my opening. Unfortunately, I didn’t have them as my original openings, so you have to portal to it for now. If anyone knows how to start on a level that isn’t the default first, I’d love to know!

Comprehensible
    Participant

Hello!
    Unfortunately, you cannot start on a level that isn’t default, but you certainly can rework your default.

I thought this was a great start of a game! I loved the idea, and your world building is really rich and interesting!

One thing I noticed was the lack of coherency in the overworld. I didn’t know where to go most of the time. This could easily be solved by adding paths; Eldermoor: Gems of Julgar is a great example.

Another aspect I noticed was that you seem to be figuring out tokens. They add a ton to a game, and Koen has a helpful tutorial in the “Help” section. If you ever need help, I’m always happy to!

Great start, and I can’t wait to see where this goes!

ponderingpinky
    Participant

Another update: Shout out to Comprehensible, whose advice was really useful! I have finished the Fire level and am a quarter of the way through the Light level. I’ve decided to have patches of land such as flowers or sand help lead you to levels, so I hope that will with comprehensibility. For now I have a series of dead bodies and dead trees for Darkness, Pink flower piles for Light, and Sand for Fire.

Comprehensible
    Participant

Thank you! ^u^

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.