Hero for hire

Make Forums Show your game Hero for hire

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ponderingpinky 7 months ago. This post has been viewed 524 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ponderingpinky
    Participant

Hi everyone! So this is my first game Hero-for-hire where you play the titular snarky hero. Your goal is to defeat the Trolls that are attacking the town you were payed to attack. A lot of things in this haven’t been finished yet, either because it can’t be finished or I just haven’t had the time to finish it yet. Please give me feedback thanks!

ponderingpinky
    Participant

(I don’t think the URL worked, so here’s take two!) http://rpgplayground.com/the-game/?prj=5a39e5189a7481000404c4ff

ponderingpinky
    Participant

Update! I’ve added two new scenes that I want to use for my opening. Unfortunately, I didn’t have them as my original openings, so you have to portal to it for now. If anyone knows how to start on a level that isn’t the default first, I’d love to know!

Comprehensible

Hello!
    Unfortunately, you cannot start on a level that isn’t default, but you certainly can rework your default.

I thought this was a great start of a game! I loved the idea, and your world building is really rich and interesting!

One thing I noticed was the lack of coherency in the overworld. I didn’t know where to go most of the time. This could easily be solved by adding paths; Eldermoor: Gems of Julgar is a great example.

Another aspect I noticed was that you seem to be figuring out tokens. They add a ton to a game, and Koen has a helpful tutorial in the “Help” section. If you ever need help, I’m always happy to!

Great start, and I can’t wait to see where this goes!

ponderingpinky
    Participant

Another update: Shout out to Comprehensible, whose advice was really useful! I have finished the Fire level and am a quarter of the way through the Light level. I’ve decided to have patches of land such as flowers or sand help lead you to levels, so I hope that will with comprehensibility. For now I have a series of dead bodies and dead trees for Darkness, Pink flower piles for Light, and Sand for Fire.

Comprehensible

Thank you! ^u^

ponderingpinky
    Participant

Update!
    Currently two of the ‘bad’ endings are done for the Light section!
    Other then the obvious reasons such as home and school for this not being finished, I also wanted to make you aware of new ideas I’ve thought of.
    -The ‘good’ endings will be harder to achieve with each section, as each section that I create will represent a level in a typical game. This is going to take some fancy coding, but I want the player to both be able to start with any section and to make these memory games work ie. Once you finish the fire section, you will get questions on the light section’s memory game, if anyone has any advice on how to make this work, feel free.
    -Each elemental will remember your actions with the previous elemental. For example, if you burned down the house in the fire level and you get the worst ending in the light level as well, the darkness elemental is automatically suspicious of you.
    -I have at least three final endings planned based on the paths you decide to take, each of your paths will have a certain theme that matches your actions.
    Anyway, thanks for your patience!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.