Welcome Forums Requests Play Page Looks Like Forums

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Comprehensible

I just checked the play screen, and it looks exactly like a forum screen now. I really liked the more visual style of displaying games, and the transition really buried a lot of older games. Is this a new development? What advantages are there to the new format? Thanks!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

I’m using the new forum format so anyone is able to add their game on their own, without mailing me. I agree that the old page looked nicer. I think it’s still an experiment and I want to see how far I can take this.

Aura

Why not create a ‘play’-page in the style of rpgmaker.net? Where the creators can list their games and when you click on the name of the game on the ‘play’-site, it leads to an by the user adjustable site, where they can add a description, or some sceenshots if they want. And instead of the ‘download’-site in rpgmaker.net, you can click on a ‘play’ button, wich leads to the specific game. And perhaps also a button for ‘comments’… Of course rpgmaker.net is just a reference! It doesn’t have to be exactly like rpgmaker.net… I know to create such a site might be a lot of work, but it would also be super awesome! 😀

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

rpgmaker.net indeed looks really nice, but such a site is definitely not on my todo list. In the end I want to integrate all of this in the program itself. This would allow you to also make and share games on XBox for example.

So basically I want a bare-bones solution currently running on the site, and it has to be a nice trade-off between the work I put in and the end result. But I guess listing the forum there is a bit cheap, damn! 😉

I’m going to make an intermediate solution, where you can post your games in the forum, and I will manually link to them from the play page. Then you also don’t have to mail me, but first can create the forum post. I’ll see what I can do in a short amount of time for this. (Combat is calling ;)).

Aura

Okay, I understand your concept! Guess it doesn’t fit your overall vision of RPGPlayground… Well, was just a suggestion! ^^

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

It was definitely a great suggestion. In the future you will be able to export your game, so you can actually put it on rpgmaker.net :D.

I updated the play page, so go check it out and give feedback! The “Most Played” list was updated according to how much each game was played in the last 30 days. (Remark that the actual sorting order is based on the date, not the popularity).

I now also have a quick submission form for submitting your games, so hopefully that will attract some new users.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.