Statistics on your games

Make Forums Show your game Statistics on your games

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Aura 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

koonsolo
    Keymaster

So 2 weeks ago I shared some statistics on my blog about how many times a game has been played, and for how long on average each player spent time there.

I find it weird that I got no feedback on this. So is this something you would like to know for your game in the future? How many people played it, etc. Or doesn’t it interest anyone. I’m just asking to see if I need to spend time on making these statistics or not.

Aura
    Participant

I found it very interesting! Please don’t drop the statistics! I don’t know why there was no response, but there is also no comment at any game right now… Sadly… Maybe we have to wait for it till the users and visitors of this site will get more active writing down their opinion! :/

koonsolo
    Keymaster

Yes, I thought people were going to comment more on the games :(.

But don’t worry, I have an evil plan! ;).

I was thinking about making combat exclusive to certain users. This means you need an access key to add combat to your own games.

The way to get access is to contribute to the community, such as showing a nice demo game, commenting to other games, helping new users, etc. Details are not clear yet, but something along those lines. What do you think?

Aura
    Participant

That’s one way to handle it. I just don’t know how the other users will respond to it… It might drive some potential game developers away, since the battle system is a big part of many games and if they read ‘Be active in the forum, or you won’t get a bs!!’, they might reconsider…

This actually may define the path that RPG Playground will go a lot.
    Personally, I recommend waiting for other peoples opinions regarding this issue. I mean, I can just speak for myself… I generally think it’s not a bad idea though!

Cyan
    Participant

its not a bad idea.

i just feel it will be hard to get a access key. never commented on a game before dont know how…. to be honest.

and i like helping people when i can. but no not a bad idea

Aura
    Participant

“never commented on a game before dont know how…. to be honest.”

At the moment, you can just comment featured games… Just click on the game, scroll down and then “Leave a comment”!

Cyan
    Participant

@aura thanks

Aura
    Participant

no problem 🙂

CalebBowers
    Participant

I think its a great Idea.

mystify
    Participant

I’d like to know that stats.
    Makes it fun to know if people are playing. . . or not. -_-

koonsolo
    Keymaster

Alright, I’ll see if I can find the time to post some new stats. Or maybe even automate it, that would be even better :).

Aura
    Participant

Good idea *Thumbs up* 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Aura.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.