testing concept

Make Forums Show your game testing concept

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Aura 2 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 274 times

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

brycehornback
    Participant

Hey guys!! I am proud to announce that I have created my first test demo! I used archetypal characteristics and created a sequence of events about 2 minutes long that took about a hour to debug. I encourage you to try it and open up the screenplay code as I am very proud with what I came up with from much frustration. 🙂 Please do not judge the layout, it is very basic for a reason, I was simply testing what I could accomplish with the program as of right now. Your character starts in a open field, walk to the top left and you will find a entrance to some unknown place. I used tokens to create multiple dialogues with a character. I used the teleport function in a very cinematic way. Please enjoy this piece of work, however short it is, and I would love criticism on how to more efficiently create events in the screenplay editor.

Aura
    Participant

Can you post a link? 😀

brycehornback
    Participant

I have but the reply is awaiting moderation…

Aura
    Participant

Oh okay, no problem ^^

brycehornback
    Participant

DERP!!! I forgot to add the link to the game

http://rpgplayground.com/the-game/?prj=59d43634aa48010004d5014d

ENJOY!!!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  koonsolo.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  koonsolo.

koonsolo
    Keymaster

I had to remove a huge amount of spam a few days ago, so I added moderation for any new user posting links.

mystify
    Participant

Hey, nice visuals
    The concept is quite amusing too (^_^)
    There is an error in the conversation with Gilldian but I’m supposing that it’s in the middle of being created.
    Tell us when you’ve got more.

Comprehensible
    Participant

Nice work!
    i can tell this is in progress, but I like the concept! You really used the new tile set to it’s full potential, well done! I took a look at the code, and the teleport function seems rather unwieldy to me. Doors work a lot better, in my opinion. I look forward to what you have to make in the future!

Aura
    Participant

I can just repeat what the others said: Like your concept and the way that room with Gillidian looks… Can’t wait to see what you’ll create! 🙂

Aura
    Participant

Okay I looked into the event and here’s what you have to do to remove those errors:

1.: If you want to teleport your character to another map in an event, the target event hast to be an invisible door, not an invisible actor! Cause with an invisible actor, it doesn’t work…

2.: When you teleported your character to another map, the event is being finished!

3.: You wanted Gillidian to say 3 different texts… It’s important that you use the ‘else’ command like this:

if hero lacks token "example"
        hero receives token "example"
    else

Then you’ve got to indent the lines like this (always 4 spaces more per ‘if’ option):

if hero lacks token "example"
        hero says "Hey, I didn't get the example!"
        hero receives token "example"
    else
        if hero lacks token "example2"
            hero says "Wow! I've got the first example!"
            hero receives token "example2"
        else
            hero says "WoW! I found example2!"

In your case, it would be:

if hero lacks token "g1"
        hero says ""
        hero receives token "g1"
    else
        if hero lacks token "g2"
            hero says ""
            hero receives token "g2"
        else
            if hero lacks token "g3"
                hero says ""

Okay, that was a long post, but that’s it finally ^^
    Hope that helped!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Aura.

Aura
    Participant

The second point isn’t correct, sorry. In case you teleport a player to another location using the option in an event, the event doesn’t end! That is just the case if you walk through an existing door and get teleported to another map that way… I had that issue in one of my own games…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Aura.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.