Welcome Forums Get help Why Me…?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    渦巻き
    Participant

I think my game was taking heroin while I was gone, because when I came back today it went from this:

https://cynicp.wordpress.com/category/games/ (Scroll down a little)

to a black screen with nothing but the actors placed around randomly.

Heroin. Not even once.

All jokes aside, I’m devastated. I don’t know if there’s anything you can do about it, but here’s the link. The room is called “Kakooza”.

The Game

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

I will take a look at it this evening. I hope I can fix it for you.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Took a look at my backups, and the 24th the project wasn’t there yet, and the 25th is already the bad level :(.

Sorry Cynic-P, but it seems your level is really lost.

渦巻き
    Participant

Hey, that’s alright. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to work because I have the worst luck :X! Thank you for trying though.

I think I know what the problem was though. See, I have a bad habit of accidentally deleting the levels I’m working on, and that’s because I make identical rooms to make it seem like the room the player just entered and returned to has changed, when it’s really a different room; well, I was playing with a faster way to do this and accidentally discovered that if you right, for example “Kakooza.1” it’ll create and exact clone of the real “Kakooza”. Every time you edit Kakooza, it’ll show in Kakooza.1, which is renamed in the bar “Kakooza” automatically. It’s the weirdest thing, but it didn’t help. I left it there anyway, however, as I figured that if I accidentally deleted it, I would have the clone to be safe.

When I returned, it was the default indoor small room, and that’s why I think the above is the problem; when I created the clone, I clicked on the indoor small button.

So, it’s really my fault anyway. Again, though, thank you for trying! I appreciate you taking time out to try and fix my mess Y_Y. Now I know what NOT to do!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Get help’ is closed to new topics and replies.