Welcome Forums General How to implement saving!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Deluxe
    Participant

Hello, you wonderful ladies and gentlemen, as you may know, this engine, RPG Playground, does not have saving. At least, that’s what it seems. But thankfully for you, we (As in the community) have solved that issue. So here is how to save your game.

Method 1: Mega-Man style

So, the first method is to simply use tokens to create a password system, like in Mega-Man or Metroid. I would explain how to do that here but 0pi3w4n has a good tutorial here: https://rpgplayground.com/game/save-game-tutorial/

So, check that out if your curious.

Method 2: Save points

This is a different way to implement saving. This is much more simpler but is much better for bigger games. This works by having the player select different points to go in the game such as:

New game

A

B

C

D

E

The player can select which slot to return to, so that way they can continue where they left off. The only downside to this method is that you can not have differing variables be saved. So, if there is an optional item, you need to ask the player if they have it. A way to see this in action is my game here: The Malevolent Hope (Chapter 1)

Well, there you have it, two methods of saving, if any more are found, I will put them here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.