Welcome Forums Requests Ideas regarding items

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marby

If we had an optional argument to also enable us to specify the amount of the items we want the hero to receive or to loose, we could use them easier e. g. as an additional currency in the game.

Another idea (which only is interesting as a setting on item groups):
    Often it makes sense to limit the amount of items. Currently, the amount can be very high. In my short test I managed it to get over 20000 pieces of an item! If there were a limit setting for item groups the engine could automatically refuse to have a higher quantity as the limit allows. If we use the new “Add to inventory”-switch, the engine could additionally prevent the hero from pick up an item which is too much for the limit. This would make it pretty easy for game creators to handle items without the need to write a single screenplay line. On the other hand, if we want to implement our own behavior, we could just deactivate the limit feature and handle the items using screenplay on our own.

Btw. how many items of the same type can we currently have?

Marby

One additional thought:
    Items of one item group often require the same processing. Currently we have to place the same screenplay over and over for all items of the same group. A better way could be an additional “On Pickup”-event for each item group.

You also should consider an “On Touch”-event for the items, which will be also fired, when the pickup-functionality is deactivated. This is likewise interesting for the item groups. Maybe the events for the single pickups should fire before those of the item groups. That would enable us to set variables in the single item events and being able to react to them with the screenplay of the groups.

Marby

@deWiTTERS:
    I just saw your latest video and noticed I missed a screenplay command:
    hero number of items “<ItemName>” increases with <Number>
    Then the “optional argument” already is implemented that way.
    Great to know! Thank you for this.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Currently there is no limit in the number of items. Some RPG’s keep track of how much weight you can carry (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/carrying-capacity/). I was also thinking about adding this in the future.

For actions on items, that will be helpful after we have variables I think

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.