Welcome Forums Requests Meaningful choices

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alexander666
    Participant

Create choices in your dialogue that enrich immersion and could impact the game (meaningful choices being one of the prime factors in “a good game”).

Implement a “say_option” that would enable dialogue choices with optional tokens, for instance:

npctroll say: “Argh! What do you want, human?”
    hero say_option: “#Hello there, can you tell me where the sorcerer lives? #Foul thing, taste my sword!;trollkiller”

In this suggestion # marks each choice and ;tokenname after a choice adds a token to the hero.
    Alternative suggestions on how to add token support so the choices may have consequences in the game would be great.

Macmor

I don’t understand what you mean as you can do this already. If you’re looking for a good/bad thing for different endings you can use a counter system to do that.

Alexander666
    Participant

Oh? Great news.

Anyone happen to know of a guide or tutorial to show this?

Macmor
    Alexander666
    Participant

Thank you. Excellent help!

Marby

Some other possibilities to have meaningful choices could be the folowing:

• attack an actor or just talk to him/her
    • stay away from a forbidden place or enter it
    • help either actor one or actor two by e. g. giving a precious cure to them
    • gain all information first from other actors before you speak to a certain person, or speak to that person first
    • take an item without talking to its owner or the other way round

All those decisions can be tracked by tokens and doesn’t need a list with text choices. There are many more possibilities like this. And of course you additionally can even combine them with text choices.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.