Welcome › Forums › Game Contests › The challenge of the beginner tutorial
- This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 10 months ago by shay slay.
November 25, 2018 at 11:40 am #3938
I challenge anyone to make the first part of a tutorial game, that will be shown to all new RPG Playground users.
See http://rpgplayground.com/help-us-build-the-official-tutorial-game/ for more background info.
November 26, 2018 at 12:56 am #3946
- Base your game on a bare bones tutorial that I created at http://rpgplayground.com/forums/topic/official-beginner-tutorial/
- You can change anything of the above bare-bones game. So don’t feel limited by it.
- Remark that this is the first small part of the full tutorial. So don’t try to turn it into a fully completed tutorial. It will be extended later on with other challenges.
- Don’t give the player too much freedom. Make it a guided tour where you don’t get lost.
- Start really easy, with the most basic thing possible. Screenplay actions are already really advanced, and should be in later tutorial levels.
- Show some cool RPG Playground features early on, so that new users are excited to make their own game.
- Since it’s a busy upcoming period, finish your game before Monday 7th of January.
- To enter this contest, please reply to this topic so people know you are joining.
- Before the deadline, share your game on the forum, and reply here with a link to your shared game.
- deWiTTERS (yeah that’s me) picks the winner, and will integrate that game into RPG Playground itself.
Sounds like a cool idea. I’ll give it a go.
🙂November 26, 2018 at 10:33 am #3949Luna the Dungeon MasterParticipant
I’ll do this.November 27, 2018 at 3:11 pm #3954
One more idea: Instead of starting the story as a tutorial, you could also start it as an exciting adventure. The player might have to learn game making skills to save the world 😀December 15, 2018 at 7:59 pm #3988
🙂December 26, 2018 at 3:33 am #4004
couldn’t figure out how to delete comments, so here’s some filler.January 8, 2019 at 9:03 am #4042
Challenge has ended! Only 1 entry from Tinybox?
http://rpgplayground.com/forums/topic/challenge-of-the-beginning-tutorial/January 24, 2019 at 12:13 am #4075Luna the Dungeon MasterParticipant
Oh, crud! I forgot to do this!May 14, 2019 at 4:10 am #4628shay slayParticipant
I know you said this was over but…is it really over? lol If it is, I won’t waste my time attempting to make a tutorial. But if it isn’t, I’ll make one haha.May 14, 2019 at 8:03 am #4629
I lost track of this tutorial, and didn’t have the time yet to incorporate it into RPG Playground. So sure, you can work on this :).
Now that we have a lobby at the start screen, I could put it right under the “new game”May 14, 2019 at 9:05 am #4630shay slayParticipant
Okay cool 🙂 Here’s the style I was thinking of :
I’m unsure if it’s helpful or if I should try a different tact. What do you think? It’s very short so far.
- The forum ‘Game Contests’ is closed to new topics and replies.