Welcome Forums Get help Adding links

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mefistofálico
    Participant

Hello, is it possible to have a character or the interface show an external link that we can follow when we play? I would like to have a character coded so when the hero touches it, it will provide us with a link to a Google form, but I can’t find the way to make it interactive so we can click on it and be redirected to such form.

Thanks!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Adding urls is not possible yet.

Marby

I don’t think this is such a good idea. This could result in security issues if someone inserts a link to a malicious site. If people post links in the forum moderators will have an eye to all of the links before publishing a post. But I think this would be not the case for games. Furthermore, I wouldn’t necessarily expect as a player to open a site by clicking on one of the games text messages.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

It comes indeed with some security issues, but nothing that I can’t work around.

1. I could keep track of which urls it tries to open, and so place them in a moderation queue (some work but not impossible)
    2. Before the player gets sent to another website, we could add a warning dialog explaining they get sent to another website, and if they really want to do that.
    Mefistofálico
    Participant

I’m working on educational video games. My idea is to have the students redirected to an external form (Google Form or Teams or even Moodle) that will provide them with a secret code to be used again when they switch back to the video game. I know how to do it in other apps (RPG Maker MV) but I don’t know whether it could be possible in RPG Playground. Thank you!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

It’s not possible unfortunately.

I had this request before, from another teacher that wanted to redirect to a page with more information next to the game.

I added it to the roadmap: https://trello.com/c/H9c0kNTs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Get help’ is closed to new topics and replies.