RPG Playground Press Kit
- Developer: deWiTTERS (Koen Witters), based in Belgium, the land of chocolate, waffles and beer.
- Initial release date: May 1st, 2012
- Platforms: Web for desktop & mobile (Windows, MacOS, Linux, Chromebook, iPhone, iPad, Android)
- Website: https://rpgplayground.com
- Price: free to use, with upgrade to premium for $19
- Social Media:
- Press/Business contact: email@example.com
Discover the joy of making games with RPG Playground – the no-code platform to craft, share, and enjoy games.
- Code-free magic: Easily design levels, drop in characters, and craft your story without a single line of code.
- Share the fun: Play, collaborate, and connect with our awesome community of creators.
- Edit and play: Pause your game, tweak things on the fly, then keep playing for a truly fast and delightful editing experience.
- Web-based wonder: Create and enjoy games on multiple devices, thanks to our cross-platform, web-based design.
- Speedy game-making: Start and finish your first game in just a weekend, with no prior experience needed.
- Dev chat: Talk directly to the developer, who’s always ready to listen to your feature requests and help with any issues.
- Ever-evolving platform: Regular updates keep RPG Playground growing, adding new features, and improving the experience.
There are more expansive and flexible game making tools, but none as enjoyable or straightforward as RPG Playground. People are making games, sharing them, and other people playing and commenting. Other tools might be more powerful and have expansive features, but people are overwhelmed and never finished their games. RPG Playground is different. Our users finish their games fast, and others play them.
For us, it is more important that
- beginners can start right away, instead of programmers having full control
- all important game resources are provided, instead of having detailed customisation
- games can be shared instantly, instead of exporting games for external platforms
- it’s easy and straightforward to use, instead of having lots of features & advanced control
- the game engine can features fast paced action combat
If you want to know what is planned for the future, take a look at the RPG Playground Roadmap.
RPG Playground is used by educators all over the world. Students can make games, or play a educational games made by the teacher. More info and examples here.