Welcome to RPG Playground, a platform that allows users to make and share games, and use the content created by other users (the “Service“).
We also want to make sure that you know that by accepting these Terms and for purposes of facilitating the Service, you are agreeing to grant us a non-exclusive license to use, online and offline, whatever you create or in the past have created while using the Service. This is covered in the User Generated Creations (“UGC“) section below. We hope you have fun!
Changes To The Agreement
We reserve the right to update or modify the Terms at any time without prior notice, and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted through the Service.
Account and Security
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account. You should not share your Account details with others to access or use your Account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account, and you understand that you may be held liable for losses incurred by us or any other use of the Services caused by someone else using your Account. However, if you become aware of loss, theft, fraud or unauthorized use of your Account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Ownership of content
Our Services are comprised of works and intellectual property owned by RPG Playground and/or other licencors, including, without limitation, games, artwork, graphics, images, screen shots, text, music, digitally downloadable files, trademarks, logos, product and character names, slogans, and the compilation of the foregoing (“Content”). The Content is protected internationally under trademark, copyright, trade dress, patent, and other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Posting Rules for Users Generated Content
Our Service allows you to chat with other users, and submit texts, files, images, photos, videos, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, text postings (including through the posting of online games) and other materials and content (“User Generated Content” or “UGC”). Your posting of UGC is subject to this Agreement and the following posting rules (“Posting Rules”):
You agree that your UGC is:
- Not confidential;
- Not in violation of law;
- Not in violation of contractual restrictions or third party rights, and that you have permission to use content from any other party whose personal or other information or intellectual property is contained in the UGC;
- Not abusive, harmful, libelous, profane, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- Free of viruses, corrupting files, interference, cheat software, worms or other malicious code; and
- In compliance with our Community Rules.
Responsibility of Postings. You understand and acknowledge that UGC is solely your responsibility, and that RPG Playground is not responsible for the information, data, text or other materials that may appear in UGC. Opinions expressed in UGC do not necessarily reflect the opinions of RPG Playground. UGC is not necessarily reviewed by RPG Playground prior to posting and RPG Playground makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the UGC or to the accuracy and reliability of the UGC.
No Monitoring/Violation Notices. You acknowledge that RPG Playground does not necessarily monitor any materials posted, transmitted, or communicated to or within the Platform. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you further agree that RPG Playground will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, edit, move, or remove any UGC that is available via the Service. If you believe that something on the Service violates these Posting Rules or otherwise violates these Terms, please contact email@example.com.
Your Ownership of UGC; UGC License
After posting your UGC to the Service, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such UGC, and you continue to have the right to use your UGC in any way you choose, subject to this Agreement and the license described herein (“UGC License”).
- Scope of License. By displaying, publishing, or otherwise posting any UGC on or through the Service, you hereby grant to RPG Playground a limited, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, worldwide, fully-paid, royalty free license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such UGC. This license will terminate at the time your UGC is removed either by you or RPG Playground from the Service.
- Representations. You represent and warrant that: (i) you solely own the UGC displayed, published or posted by you on the Platform or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth herein, and (ii) the displaying, publishing or posting of your UGC does not violate infringe on the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right, or the privacy rights, publicity rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any UGC displayed, published or posted by you to the Platform. Except for your UGC, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any UGC appearing on this Platform.
We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do the same. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content in our Services infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This may be compliant with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) or the E-Commerce Directive and associated legislation in the EU. Please provide the following information when notifying us:
- Identify the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed.
- Identify the material that you allege is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.
- Explain what the affected user would need to do in order to remedy the infringement.
- Provide your contact information such as your email address, name, telephone number and physical address.