Welcome Forums Bugs Ambient And Music Radio Do Not Start Reliable

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marby

Under some circumstances ambient radio and music radio becomes silent if a level the hero teleports to (by the teleport-command) uses different audio files than the level the hero teleports from. This is a sporadic bug and appears not every time. As a workaround I additionally started the new audio files using screenplay commands right before teleporting the user.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

This one I didn’t hear before. Will log it on the roadmap

Marby

Meanwhile, I tried to find a way myself for deactivating the impact of the RPG Playground bugs I found so far in my game, so that I can continue creating my game:
    Of course, I’ve no insight in the RPG Playground engines code. Therefore, I only can guess the real cause:
    My guess is, the sound and music bug is somehow connected to the transfer-command in combinition with the tilemap-radio-plays-command. I transfer the hero from one level to another level using the transfer-command. Before the bug occurred, I almost completely used a direct assignment of audio files by selecting them using the levels list-fields from the level editor. However, while testing I noticed, that the music and ambient radio obviousely occasionally does not change for sure, if the hero enters another level. So I forced the change per screenplay. But forcing this in connection with the transfer-commands seems to completely deactivate the engines usual behaviour regarding music and sound – at least in my case. Therefore my workaround is not to force the music and sound changes anymore and to hope, the levels list field setup will do its work. Currently, I didn’t entcounter the bug again and hopefully the engine keeps working correctly that way.

I also found a way to remove the impact of the other bug from my game. What I’ve done to attain this, I’ll explain in the other thread.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster
    Marby

It just came to my mind, why it was silent:
    The audio files simply weren’t loaded immediately. That’s all! 🙂
    If you change downloading into a real streaming, as you wrote before, you’ll problably overcome this behavior.
    However, there unfortunately is the other sound/music bug left, you also could see (or better hear) in that video I already shared with you. This bug makes the engine not to not change sound/music when the hero enters a new level.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Yeah indeed, I saw it in the video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.