Welcome Forums Requests Differences after player/hero dies

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    teali
    Participant

Hi!

If possible, I’d like to put this on the Wishlist.

So basically the best explanation for this idea is like from resetting from Undertale. The characters and certain things about the game changes after resetting, I was thinking of the same thing, but for when the hero dies. Since the games restarts when you die.

Thank you and have a great day 🙂

Make “respawn to last door” by yourself

So this tutorial by Marby shows you how to set it up so that when your character drops to 0 health, it respawns the character at the last door instead of a game over screen.

Basically the idea is character gets full health and spawns at a door when it dies, preventing the game over screen from triggering in the first place.

I imagine you can do something similar that would allow you to implement different endings. Basically you revive the character, spawn them wherever, and then give your character a token. Depending on where your character dies / what scene etc, you can have them ” respawn” at a given door and now with the token the story goes a different direction.

I’d have to actually write something to show what I’m talking about, but with Marby’s awesome trick there, it’s totally possible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.