Welcome Forums Requests Global functions and variables

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AkumaTensei
    Participant

I like creating events caused by other events, but the problem is that the “if ” function can only be used by object/tile triggers, which kinda makes a gap between the event driven storyline and a trigger driven engine system. I’d find it a LOT easier to use and adapt to if i had a global that triggers every time a specific event happens. I don’t know how possible that would be, considering I don’t have the source code, but nonetheless I think it would be very useful. Cheers!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Can you give a specific example of which trigger you want to handle, and how your game should respond to that?

AkumaTensei
    Participant

For example gaining experience and/or currency by killing monsters, or monsters becoming active if the hero kills a monster, or having difficulty levels(which would effect monsters’ stats), etc. Also, concerning the variables part, they’re not too necessary, but they might prove to be useful for some controllers and conditions, or for assigning variable values to i.e. stats.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

The first thing will be fixed with Screenplays when a monster dies. https://trello.com/c/YvbAUckd/63-screenplay-when-monster-dies

The variables I haven’t fully worked out yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.