Welcome Forums Introduce yourself Hey, I'm Shae!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    shay slay
    Participant

Apparently, though I’ve been using RPG playground for a while, I have never introduced myself. So now that’s it’s been like, a year, and I’ve finally posted part of a game and am becoming more active on the site, here it is!

My name is Shaethemiss, aka Shae, technically ShaetheMrs.

I’m a wife to an amazing graphic designer, a soon to be Mother, and have a crazy addiction to making games and writing stories, as well as producing music. I went to a college in Minnesota to learn Audio Production and Engineering, and even though I make hip hop beats, I really like scoring compositions for games and singing weird indie songs.

I’m just weird all-around.

My favorite games ever are :

Aveyond (PC) , Skyrim (Xbox) , GTA V (Ps3) , Minecraft (Ps3) & Zork (old text-based game online)

I like to think my game-making style is…adventure based. I like to mix combat, puzzle solving,Β and casual adventure. I treat games like the books I write, and one day I hope to make them more intricate.

Also, my favorite ice-cream flavor is Superman.

Alright, that’s me! Thanks for reading πŸ™‚ I hope you check out my game, Wells & the Athenaeum!

If you’re a creator and interested in joining a creative challenge – please visit the Challenge forum and leave a comment to be added.

Cheers!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

It’s great to have you in our community Shae!

Seems like you both are very creative people, and a 3rd creative person on the way :).

Comprehensible

Hey, nice to see you around! πŸ˜€

shay slay
    Participant

@deWiTTERS Thank you for creating such an awesome community to be a part of! πŸ™‚ We are haha, and yes! Hopefully he inherits at least one of our forms of creativity

@Comprehensible
    Thank you! It’s nice to see ya around and participating as well πŸ™‚

Aura

Hello, pleased to meet ya πŸ™‚

shay slay
    Participant

@aura Hello, hello πŸ™‚ Likewise! When I first started I think I played one of your games. Your tricky screenplay’s inspired me to keep trying to create complex dialogue and actually use tokens haha.

Aura

That makes me proud… And happy to know that I inspired you!

Your first (published) game Wells and the Athenaeum is REALLY good and well thought out! I like your artstyle.

And it may make you as proud if I tell you that your designing skills also inspired me…

Especially the mountain/rock/wall part. I saw this at some RPG Maker games. It makes your game look more realistic and gives a 3D-Feeling to it…! Thanks for that. And see you around. πŸ™‚

shay slay
    Participant

@aura Drawing inspiration from other artists is important, I’m glad I finally got to tell you haha. It took me longer than I care to admit to figure out how you’d manage to have a conversation with someone and then have it change based on other things in the world. A Lill’ Girls Tale, I think that’s the one I played (sorry if I got the name wrong, I know it was something to that effect).

Also thanks again! Pushing and pulling depth is weirdly something I learned in photography, and I like applying it to games.

Aw, it really does πŸ™‚ Thank you! I’m excited to see your entry for the contest. You already make beautiful levels, so I can imagine it’s only gotten even better! Just the difference between the Lill’ Girls Tale and The Legend contest you did last time was amazing, and both were really good!

No problem, as artists our jobs to help and inspire each other, right? See ya!

Aura

Yes, that’s true!

When I created A Lill’ Girls Tale, the REFMAP tilesets weren’t added yet, so that may also be a reason why the Legend of the 3 Orbs game looked different. But it is also true that I’m getting better. A friend of mine already tested my new game (the one for the current contest) and she said it was a big advance, also in story telling…! I put a lot of work into it, so I hope that’s true and that you will also like it… But I must admit I’m really excited to see what the others came up with!

But I’m getting off the point… I’m really glad that you are part of the community. πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.