Welcome Forums Bugs Invisible floor switch overrides invisible actor’s screenplay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marby

An invisible floor switch has a higher priority than an invisible actor. If you teleport the hero to a place with only an invisible actor and the hero looks in its direction, the screenplay of the invisible actor will be activated. I tested this with a “hero says-command” as a delay, in order not to activate the invisible actor accidentally myself after the teleport.

If at the teleportation target also exists an invisible floor switch only the screenplay of that switch will be executed. The screenplay of the invisible actor will be skipped completely. Is that behavior intended?

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

No, I would guess the first one is run, and then the other. The order which runs first is also pretty random (depends on which actor is first in the list)

Marby

Oh, I didn’t expected this! Then the order could turn out as a problem in some situations. How about to give us a priority property to control this? The engine should first collect every actor to activate and than decide by using the priority which screenplay should be executed first. Only if the priority is the same the execution should be random. Of course we also should have a possibility to change this per screenplay.

If you like that proposal, please add it to your to-do list.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Bugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.