Welcome Forums General Just wanna let you know, why I like RPG Playground more than RPG Maker

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marby

It’s true – it will still take a while for RPG Playground to become a proper product. My guess e. g. is, we won’t have turn based combat so soon, but many members voted for customizable items. It will take very long for RPG Playground to reach the capabilities the RPG Makers today already have. But I like deWiTTERS idea, to have this all browser based with no necessary installation and a nice community. It feels better to make games here. I would hesitate to publish a game I made with a RPG Maker, because I would fear to infringe some copyright even if I’d purchased the necessary licenses. On the other hand I’m pretty sure, deWiTTERS will cleary let us know, what is allowed with the resources here and what not. This is something Degica/KADOKAWA also does not make this good. Because everything of RPG Playground comes from this site, it just feels better to publish games here. Furthermore, deWiTTERS already stated, he liked the idea to help us with his engine to give proper credit for all the artists’ resources we used for a particular game. That means we don’t need to be afraid to forget something important or to infringe a copyright. RPG Playground protects us against this. This is a very good feeling. And this makes RPG Playground in any case worth, to purchase licenses for the use of the premium version and more resources here.

I just wanna say thank you, RPG Playgound team! Your tool is amazing! Keep up the good work. I’m looking forward to see RPG Playground grow!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Thanks for the nice words! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.