Welcome Forums Requests Let us also copy text to messages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marby

It currently is not possible, to copy text from clipboard to a message (in order to communicate with other members on RPG Playground). It would be helpful, if this feature would be implemented.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

I didn’t know this was not working. You mean in a textfield here on the website? I’ll check it.

Marby

I don’t mean the forum. The text field to post here (like this answer to you) in the forum works. However, copy and paste won’t work (at least with MS Edge), if you write a public message to someone using this website. HTML also does not work for messages either. But the last one I only tested with a private message so far.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

That is strange, because it’s just html edit fields. Seems to work in Chrome.

Marby

The issue with copying text to the text box seems to be browser specific. Firefox allows an insert with “CTRL+C”. With MS Edge this does not work. I didn’t try HTML using both browsers yet. However, my guess is, if it comes to the other issue with HTML the browser should not matter at least.

Marby

Interesting, my firewall blocked the update process of MS Edge. So I had 87.0.664.66 in use. I corrected this and updated to the version 89.0.774.48. After that I tried two times to copy text into the textbox of a public message. The first time it worked, but not the second time. I kept trying and found out it has something to do with the loading state of the game. If the game has been not loaded completely, to insert text in the field with CTRL+C is possible, but not anymore, if the remote project has been loaded completely and is playable.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

That is interesting. I need to check that I intercept ctrl-c somewhere in my code, and prevent the default browser implementation.

Marby

The other way round – copy text from a public message to the cilpboard – also is not possible. I just tried it out.

Marby

@deWiTTERS
    I understood you’ve also done something about this with the last update. Therefore, I tried it out again. Here are my results:
    It still is not possible to paste clipboard content to the comment text field for a game, when the game completely has been loaded. Only pressing F5 and then immediately paste the text makes it possibile.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

I’ll take a look at it again

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.