Welcome Forums Game Contests New challenge! (1 month?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Aldrich
    Participant

Hello all, I realized no one has posted a challenge here in quite a while so I brought myself to do it. Here are my ideas for the challenge:

1. An unconventional main character, such as playing as the fairy, or the blue water spirit, or even an old woman! A hero that wouldn’t normally be used very often.
    2. A floral theme to the scenes. All I mean by this is that flowers are used often to decorate and add color to scenes.
    3. A love story.

That’s it! If anyone actually participates, that would be awesome. I set the deadline of something around 1 month from now. I will make sure to submit a project myself, so even if no one else participates at least one game will come from this.

Anyway, keep creating

~Al

Aldrich
    Participant

Ah, I’ve forgotten to mention. If anyone does participate, please reply to this so we all can know. And, when you’re done with your project, make sure to post the link here.

I really hope this works out!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

This is great! I was already wondering when there would be another challenge.

The first one had a lot of participation (Legend of the 3 orbs), but after that it seemed hard to get participants.

I’m not going to join myself since I’m in the middle of programming some cool new functionality, but I hope some others can make time for this.

I’ll make some noise on my social media to get more eyes on this post :).

Aldrich
    Participant

Hey, thanks so much deWiTTERS!

♥ Random Npc ♥
    Participant

Hehe, I’m already working on something that meets all of these criteria! I’ll participate!

Aldrich
    Participant

Alright, Random NPC! Thanks for joining~

I better get started on my own project now, too, hehe.

shay slay
    Participant

Love this challenge. I’ve been incredibly busy but I will try my best to finish a mini game with your criteria. Sounds fun! 🙂

Aldrich
    Participant

Wow, thanks for joining, slay! Even though it seems not many are participating, this is sure to be fun.

shay slay
    Participant

@Aldirch Of course! And don’t worry about it, it happens nearly every challenge but having more than 1 is a great start 🙂 Yes! I agree! Working out my storyline right now haha

Aldrich
    Participant

Hello all… I have an update. The official due date will be… June 15th. One more thing… please copy and paste the following symbol into the title, just to let us all know it’s part of the event: ⛥

shay slay
    Participant

@Aldrich So far I’ve managed to build a level but I haven’t done any dialogue or characters yet! Mine is going to be late…around June 20th, is that okay?

Aldrich
    Participant

@Slay Yes, of course that is ok. This was a pretty unorganized event anyway, so I’m completely fine letting you have as much time as you need. That’s what you get when you’re one of 3–I’d rather have your game be a good game, than a game that is rushed! (*~*)

shay slay
    Participant

@Aldrich thank you! I tried but my time is so limited haha. I love this challenge and the levels I’ve built so far, but yes I would looooove *another* extention. What if we extended to July 15th? Random, I know, but I’d like the chance to get some dialogue and make the scenery more interactive (longest I’ve ever worked so hard on aesthetics, to be honest, I’m pretty proud of it!). It’s in desperate need of a plot!

Aldrich
    Participant

Yes Slay! Certainly! July 15th is perfect. It would give me more time to spiff up my own game and make it better, as well. And it sounds like your game will be really good–I wouldn’t want to limit your creativity for the sake of a time constraint.

Aldrich
    Participant

Well… this contest never officially ended, did it. Are you close to done yet, Slay?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Game Contests’ is closed to new topics and replies.