Welcome Forums Get help New knowledge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ponderingpinky
    Participant

So, I want the player to be able to talk to NPCs and gain information and that information to be represented by new dialogue options. In a specific example, a character named Henry has a father who’s a captain named Joseph. If you talk to Henry, I want you to be able to learn the father’s name is Joseph and if you talk to the captain’s second mate, you can hear the captain’s name is Joseph as well and you’re given a second dialogue option to say, “I know your son.” And for him to run away and meet his son, leaving the door he’s guarding open. If you don’t talk to Henry or the second mate, you only have the option to fight him.Is there any way to make this happen yet?

Comprehensible

Hello!
    Something I’ve found is possible is several “routes.”

There would be one route in which the hero talks to Henry, and gets a token indicating he’s done that. In the second route, the hero lacks the token.

If the hero has the token when talking to the second mate, the second mate would walk off to the side.

If the hero lacks the token, he is teleported to where he fights the second mate.

It takes some fancy coding footwork, but I’m sure you could do it! ^u^ If you need an example, Falling Glory uses this route framework in Thaba.

Sorry if this is late, and good luck!

ponderingpinky
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll try to use that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Get help’ is closed to new topics and replies.