Welcome Forums Requests Offline mode for game designing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marby

Just an idea:
    Would it possible to download the assets to Android an iOS, disconnect the internet connection, develop the game offline, reconnect to the internet and RPG Playground and synchronize all changes with the server? This really would be magnificant. It would be more flexible as EVERYTHING I saw before with RPG Maker! If you could provide such a function (even in the future) and charge for it I probably instantly would buy a license! Such a function would make us able to work everywhere on our games, using merely a smartphone or a tablet and not even need an internet connection for developing. If you want provide just the designer for some reason, I guess it would be enough, since testing/playing the game is not the most time consuming process. It would be gorgeous to improve our RPG Playground games such simple from everywhere.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

I was thinking about this too, but seems like it wasn’t on the roadmap yet. So I added it at https://trello.com/c/Icw3ecSN

My ultimate goal is to have all edit actions as ‘changesets’. These changesets would be stored together with the project (kind of like source versioning control like git). That way I can have a (persistent) undo. But also could allow multiple people to work on the same project at the same time.

This mechanism would also be used in the offline mode. So when you would do local changes, and the server also has changed, then the local changesets can be applied, possibly without merge conflicts.

But since this is a lot of work, it might be possible that I first go for an intermediate solution.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.