Welcome Forums Requests Please add missing tiles to let us create higher glas/ice platforms

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marby

I would like to create more interesting levels with the ice / glas tiles of “REFMAP buildings”. Unfortunaely, there is at least one tile missing for each of the two colors, in order to create higher platforms. Without them, we can raise the current platforms only one block per platform, but not more. Therefore, I would like to ask you, if you could add the missing tiles. The ice/glas tiles would be much more flexible afterwards.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

These are all the tiles that I have for this graphic. So I’m afraid this can only be added once ‘import graphics’ is supported.

Marby

To attain this even should be much easier than creating the missing shadow tiles you already added. Probably even I could do this – and I’m really lacking drawing capablilites. 🙂

I just tested it out using a screenshot. The border tiles for the ice/glas blocks exactly fills a half tile. This means we could stack this border twice to create the missing tiles.

If you want, you can send me the tileset where the original glas/ice tiles are on. I will then try to add the missing tiles and send the result to your e-mail adress. As you know, I’ve done stuff like this before for an RPG Maker game of mine. Best would be to send me the original tileset and a copy of it. Please mark in the copy, where you wish to add the new tiles. We need two new tiles (a blue and a pink) in order to make both types “stackable” for platforms. You can test the modified tileset with the engine afterwards.

I would really like to use these tiles for my current game, so I am very motivated to do this well.

Marby

Having a look at the tiles, I even could try to create two other tiles being ground tiles, but without having a “shining through” border above. So we even could have four new tiles:
    Two to create a more even floor and two to stack higher.

If you also want these two additional tiles without a “shining through” border above, please also mark in the “copy” tileset where to place them on the modified tileset.

Do you want me to add the missing tiles?

Marby

Note:
    The first one I can attain for sure, I think. The last one is difficult. I will try both, if you want, but cannot promise I also can manage the last one.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

I’ll send you the complete tilemap graphic 😀

Marby

Thank you. I’ll have a look and will send you soon the modifications.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.