Welcome Forums Requests Preload All Necessary Ressources

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marby

Currently, the performance of a game strongly depends on the quality of the internet connection. With a fast internet connection all ressources will load in time. But if the internet connection is not that fast, there could be a huge delay between the time a music file should be played and the time it actually plays. Therefore, I suggest to implement an analyzing and preloading process before the game starts, to prevent such delays.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

The real problem with music is the streaming part. I don’t want to preload all music since that would slow down the loading even more.

It seems music is not streamed, but needs a full download before it plays. So somewhere this is going wrong since browsers support streaming, and so the music should start after a second, even with a slower internet.

It’s on my list to take a look at.

Marby

A little feedback for this:
    I noticed the problem with the music only occurs the first time the music loads. If the music has been loaded once and will be played again somewhere afterwards in the game, it than starts immediately. Would it be possible to even combine streaming and buffering? The benefit of this could be, that we would even get rid of the one second delay, if the same music starts again later on.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Yes definitely. Once it’s loaded it remains in memory

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.