Welcome Forums Game Contests The challenge of Private Investigator Kate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

I’m watching the “Castle” series lately (about murder investigation), and it’s always impressive how each episode has a refreshing story. And then I thought, “My users are definitely as creative as that!” :).

So I want to start a new challenge, where each game is another episode. So I challenge anyone to create an episode based on the following main story:

“Kate is a private investigator, probably the best and most well know. Therefore, she travels all over the region to solve the most impossible cases. She doesn’t know any magic, and solely relies on her intelligence and wits to solve her cases. When she travels, she takes no weapons along. But when a situation becomes dangerous, she will see if she can get her hands on something to defend herself. She never talks about her personal life, and instead completely focuses on the task at hand.”

Each episode is about how she gets called somewhere to solve a case, and a player finishes the game when they solve it.

Episodes have no lasting consequences, so basically at the end of the episode, everything is still the same as when it began. This allows players to play each episode in any sequence they want. And so your game only needs to account for the above, and not what others will create in their episode. This is the reason why she doesn’t say anything about her personal life.

And now for some practical stuff:

1. A 3 week deadline, ending on Sunday the 31st of March.
    2. No one wins and no one loses.
    3. To enter this contest, please reply to this topic so that people know you are joining.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! 🙂

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Hmmmm… The challenges don’t seem to be as popular as they used to be. Anyone any idea why this is?

tinybox
    Participant

Just saw this, sounds like a cool idea, I’m in.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Ah cool! I almost gave up on this one 😉

shay slay
    Participant

Sounds like a cool challenge! I can’t join this time, unfortunately, but I am still alive! I hope to start making games again soon haha. My little one is almost 3months old now – he takes up a lot of time. I love the new updates you’ve managed to get out! The loading screen looks amazing!

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Hey Shae, nice to see you again! 🙂

Congrats on becoming a mom. Babies take a lot of time indeed, but it gets better.

tinybox
    Participant

Shoot, I’m still not finished. Will still keep working on it tho

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

No problem, you can get more time :). Cool that you are working on this!

tinybox
    Participant

dunno if this link works, but this is as far as i am right now

nvm it didn’t work

shay slay
    Participant

It’s nice to hear from you again as well! I’ve missed being able to work on games uninterrupted haha. Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Game Contests’ is closed to new topics and replies.