Welcome Forums Requests Walk-Command is Too Imprecisely For Cut Scenes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marby

If the hero steps on a button I noticed the button will be activated at different places. Sometimes it fires if the hero touches only a border of the button and sometimes the hero has to step on the middle of that button. If we want the button to activate a cut scene this can result into a problem. To make my cut scene lively, I also made good use of the walk command. If our actors does not stand always at the same place when a cut scene starts, the same cut scene will sometime look nice and somtime look bad.

A good fix for that would be the ability, to retrieve the exact position of an actor using predefined functions. But to be really able to fix this at a high quality I guess we would also need to use loops. As long RPG Playground does not provide program elements like that, we won’t be able to create accurate cut scenes in connection with the walk-command regardless how hard we try.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Full coding power will one day come to RPG Playground 🙂 https://trello.com/c/2t6yoUjI

Marby

I fortunately was wrong and found a workaround in order to make cut-scenes more reliable:
    Instead of merely using to “hero walks to”-command, I first let the hero walk to a specific tile with the “hero walks towards”-command. With this, I sucessfully prevented my cut-scenes from being unpredictable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.