Welcome Forums General What exactly are the differences between the delays?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marby

The impact of the three delay fields between two strikes obviousely for every field is all the same.

My tests showed that basically the following formula applies:
    “Time until next attack in seconds” = “Swing Weapon Ability”.”Cooldown time” + “Melee attack behavior”.”Prepare delay” + “Melee attack behavior”.”Recover delay”

However, if the sum is above 10 seconds it will be reduced to 10 seconds.

I do not understand, why we have oviousely three fields, which are the same in result for two consecutive strikes. That doesn’t really make sense to me.

Marby

The waiting time (“Prepare delay”) for the first attack probably makes sense and also the “Cooldown time”. But I wonder, why the “Prepare delay” also will be added to the “Cooldown time” between two consecutive strikes. In my opinion this is not a good idea. Because of this, we currently are not able to make a difference for the first strike and consecutive strikes.

Likewise, if the hero moves out of range, I would expect the combat behavior to reset and start again with the “Prepare delay”. However, currently this is not the case.

The “Recover delay” seem not to make sense at all, since it obviousely is the same as the “Cooldown time”.

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

“Prepare delay” is the time between showing the actor preparing the sword, and actually swinging. This give the player the time to react.

“Recover delay” is right after the swing, to basically wait until another action is done.

What you request is not implemented. It’s more of a “at the start of the fight delay” or something like that.

Marby

Thank you for explaining. I just wondered, what the difference could be. Okay. Currently, to implement what I assumed, is not that important. Thanks to your effort, we already can create very interesting fighting opponents. In my opinion, much more important is to get rid of some bugs. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.