RPG Playground Roadmap
Please see our Public Roadmap on Trello, which gives a detailed overview of what I’m working on, what is planned for the near future, and what are things that are considered for the far future. You can even influence which features will be implemented next, by voting on your favorite topics. So please go check it out here!
Remark that nothing on the roadmap is certain. Features might change, priorities might shift, etc.
You will notice that no dates or deadlines are specified. Features are implemented as fast as possible and released when they are ready. So you won’t have to wait for the next major release to use them.
Next to the detailed Trello roadmap, below is a more general roadmap of things to come.
Any feedback on this is welcome! 🙂
Secret Master Plan
You might see RPG Playground as a little toy that you can play with. And at the moment, it probably is. But I have big plans for the future, and want to explain them here. My master plan basically comes down to this:
- Build a tool that allows anyone to make their own Role Playing Games, and easily let others play their game.
- Make sure artists can make an RPG using their own graphics, without the need of a programmer.
- Programmers can extend the engine, so any game type can be build at this time: platformers, 3D, … .
The most important feature of the engine will remain that it’s easy to make and share your own games.
Below is an image of our roadmap with all possible features.
- White area: what we have right now
- Light-grey area: what we are working towards
- Dark-grey area: Would love to get this far! 🙂