Welcome Forums Requests new tile sets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Half_n_Half
    Participant

I’m no artist, but I’d be willing to create free tile sets if I could get a way to send it to you. I’d need the length and width of each tile (in pixels), and I wouldn’t be able to do any major programming, but I’d be happy to help in any way I could.
    ~Carter

Chris
    Participant

Dude, that’d be sick. I’d email it to him. But the size? I don’t really know.

Half_n_Half
    Participant

I’ll be sure to start as soon as I get the sizes. For future reference my email is carterlyon23@gmail.com. Thanks!
    ~carter

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Half_n_Half.
    Half_n_Half
    Participant

AHA! I found out! (it’s 53 by 53 by the way). I’m going need quite a bit of time, and I don’t imagine incorporating them into the game is going to be easy or quick, but I’ll let you know when I finish. I’m probably going to start with those water tiles I’ve been asking for a while…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Half_n_Half.
    Half_n_Half
    Participant

I have a whole new level of respect for graphic artists… this is really hard.

Chris
    Participant

I’m sure it is. Do you think we could make characters too? Because if so, I would love to (try) to help! What are you using to make them?

Half_n_Half
    Participant

just Microsoft paint, and I have already started some character sprites . Actually, I’ve been meaning to ask, what are we going for. I don’t know if I should make a continuation of what we have, or if we should go for different themes, like modern, Victorian, or even make tile sets based on certain countries like Egypt or China. If you could tell me what you want I’d be more than happy to try and make it happen

Chris
    Participant

Well, I would say to start with a continuation, but start slowly moving to…i don’t know, maybe more modern? If we could do monsters…Yes. Start with monsters please. And continue the theme after, then work towards a modern apporach.

Half_n_Half
    Participant

okay. I’ve figured out that I’m TERRIBLE at ground tiles, but can do pretty much everything else. Actually, I feel kind of weird about doing all of this without any actual approval from koonsolo. Rpgplayground is his project, so before we get our hopes up I think we should run this by him.
    ~carter

deWiTTERS
    Keymaster

Hi Carter,

Great to hear that you want to make some tilesets! :). The tiles are 32×32 pixels, and the tileset itself is 8 tiles wide, so 256 pixels. The height of the tileset can be any amount of tiles.

I’m very curious what you will make!

Koen.

Half_n_Half
    Participant

oh wow, my measurements were way off, Thanks for correcting my mistake! This might take a while, because I have to balance this with school, but I’ll be posting regularly to keep everyone informed. Wish me luck.
    ~Carter

James Nick
    Participant

I can also help making characters and NPC tho, I just have some ideas and I can turn them into Sprites, but that might take a while too.

Half_n_Half
    Participant

I have absolutely zero ideas. I think I bit off way more than I can chew and I’m really sorry but I think I might have to back out. If I do come up with something I’ll be sure to send it in, but as of now I have no idea where to even start. I’m really sorry D:

Chris
    Participant

I got an idea, if you are still willing. If you were to make miniature castles, woods, mountains, towns, and villages, that would be great. That would allow us to make large maps, like in some of the older RPGs.

SHEdevil
    Participant

I think that if you are going to make a tileset, it would be best to use gimp, it is a really good program for pixel art, it has a lot more options than Microsoft paint. And also, a Wacom tablet or any art tablet would help you a lot!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.